You are likely wondering what you should do with the leftover rotisserie chicken that is in your fridge. Yesterday was chicken, roast potatoes, and salad. What can you eat today that will use up your leftovers without completely repeating the flavors? If you are thinking, “Perhaps a Vietnamese Chicken Salad?” then you beat me to the punch.
This salad will likely have a comPLETEly different flavor profile than your traditional rotisserie chicken dinner. Also, because it pulls together the sturdier vegetables, it travels pretty darn well, making it a great one to take to work- just don’t add the dressing until you are ready to eat. I used cabbage, carrots and cucumber, but you can use whatever hardy veg is leftover in your fridge (radishes, celery, etc).
Also, cabbage- a vegetable often esteemed with disdain- is quite the Vitamin C powerhouse. Who knew? In fact, 1 cup of shredded cabbage (as you will likely eat of this salad) will give you 40% of what your body’s Vitamin C needs that day.
This is a quick simple salad has light, yet complex, taste.
15 minTotal Time
- 1 lime (zest of & juice)
- 2-3 T fish sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1 carrot, ribboned w/ veg peeler
- 1 cucumber, sliced or peeled into ribbons
- 3 red chile, dessed & sliced into thin strips
- other crunchy veg in fridge- radish, red onion, etc...
- leftover rotisserie chicken
- 2 T mint, chopped
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- Whisk lime through to brown sugar in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss together veg, chicken, mint & cilantro.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well to coat.