I wanted to give a preemptive nod to radish season with this recipe. Why so early? A- Because I love radishes and this is my blog so I totally get to, and B- because they are starting to brighten up the produce section already with their deep, saturated pinky pops. The chill and crunch make this the perfect side to your bbq burgers…
My soul- aren’t they gorgeous? Okay, okay…here is the recipe…
This salad gives a chill and a crunch that will set off just about any meat main. Great on tortilla chips or simply as a side.
15 minTotal Time
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 c radish, cubed into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 c green onion tops
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 2 T lime juice (~1 1/2 limes)
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- Throw all ingredients into a large bowl and toss until evenly mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then chill for a couple of hours.
Eat within the day- it doesn't keep well. The day after it's edible, but not appetizing.
Doesn’t just looking at it help will away the cold damp that is STILL hanging around? I know, I know- I live in Ireland- just get on with it. But for real- I need to get a better coat.